SEQUENCE OF EVENTS:
- Complete application and pay meter fee at City Hall Utility Billing Office
- Take out required permit and pay the $50 permit fee at City Hall in the Community Development Office
- Hire a bonded and licensed plumber to construct the meter setting. The meter shall be connected so that water DOES NOT go through both meters (no deduct meters).
- Schedule your inspection of the plumbing with the Community Development Office at 981-9530
- Schedule an appointment with the Utility Billing Clerk to have the meter and MXU installed at 981-0228 ext. 2221
****The sewer rate will not be charged on the irrigation meter.****
WATERING BEST PRACTICES:
- Conserve resources by not watering unless the grass really needs it. Let Mother Nature water your lawn! It really is okay to let your lawn go dormant.
- If you choose to water, 1” of water is adequate to wet the soil to a depth of 4” – 6”. Place an empty can under the sprinkler to measure when an inch has been applied. If water begins to run off the lawn before an inch is applied, turn off the water and let it soak in for an hour or so, then resume watering until 1” is applied.
- Water deeply and less frequently to encourage deep root growth. Light, frequent watering encourages shallow roots and may lead to increased disease and stress injury.
- The best time to water is in the morning because less water is lost through evaporation and transpiration.
- Avoid watering during mid-day and try not to water in the evenings since a lawn that remains damp during the night is more prone to disease.
- Avoid watering your sidewalks and driveway. Make sure to set your sprinklers up so that the water is landing on the grass/garden/flowers and not the concrete.