NORTH AVENUE AND HIGHWAY 28 INTERSECTION PROJECT TO HAPPEN THIS YEAR
Big changes are coming to the intersection of North Ave and Hwy 28! You have probably already seen a lot of utility work happening in preparation of the project, some still to come late winter/early spring. The major construction will likely begin in April/May, depending on what our spring weather is like.
What is taking place in this project?
- North Ave intersection approaches to Hwy 28 will be reconstructed
- Dedicated turn lanes will be added with protected turning movements
- New traffic signals installed
- Addition of center median on North Ave
- Improved pedestrian crossing
Will Hwy 28 also be reconstructed?
- Mainline Hwy 28 pavement will remain as is
- North/south highway traffic will be maintained, but there may be lane closures
Will there be closures and delays?
Vehicle traffic will be maintained as much as possible, but there will be some closures and delays. Patience will be key during this project.
How will the pedestrian traffic be affected?
Pedestrian traffic will not be accommodated during construction. If you walk using this crossing, make plans for an alternate route during construction. It is not safe to have pedestrians in the area during construction.