Utility Services

water dropimage

Water meter reading begins each month on the first business day and bills are mailed around the 15th of each month.  

Utility bills are due each month on the 4th, if the 4th falls on a weekend water bills are due the following Monday.
A 10% late fee will be applied the day after the due date to all accounts that have a past due balance.

Disconnection notices are sent on the 11th of each month, if no request for a financial arrangement has been received (section 92.05 (3) Norwalk Municipal code) and no payment has been received water is shut off on the 26th of each month and a $50 re-connection fee is assessed.

All re-connections are done during regular business hours. 

Payments can be made by cash, check, credit card or money order. Payments may be dropped off or mailed to City Hall at the address below or customers can sign up for Xpress Bill Pay to make payments online or set up automatic payments.
Xpress Bill Pay
The City of Norwalk is excited to announce a new way to pay your utility bill online.  Xpress Bill Pay. Customers will need to sign up through Xpress Bill Pay on the following link: Create Bill Pay Account.

Simply create an account to pay bills online by inputting your email address and creating a password.  Complete the registration form, select the City of Norwalk and follow the prompts to link your bill.  
Once your bill is added to your account you can view and pay your bill online.

Contact the Water Department at 981-0228 with questions.

Water Department
705 North Ave
Norwalk, IA 50211
    Phone: 515.981.0228 ext. 2231

To start service at a property in Norwalk, you will need to complete an Application for City Services and return to City Hall.  At the time of application a $100 deposit will be required. If you are moving from one property in Norwalk to another property in Norwalk you may have your deposit transferred.  Any deposit not transferred will be applied to your final bill.

The completed application and deposit must be made 24 hours prior to the requested date of service.

Residents moving out of Norwalk
 need to contact the Utility Billing Office prior to moving. Residents can call, email or stop into City Hall to discontinue service.

Utility Company Phone Number
Electric & Gas MidAmerican Energy 888.427.5632
Water/Sewer/Garbage City of Norwalk 515.981.0228 ext. 2231

2017 Consumer Conservation Report

© City of Norwalk | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by CivicLive