Check out the City of Norwalk Boards and Commissions
Application to serve on a City Board or Commission
Volunteering - the Healthy Habit
Norwalk is a growing community and your involvement in the community is important because
* helping others is satisfying
* conveys knowledge
* affords stress relief, we all need
* stimulates your mind
* keeps you young at heart
* gives you a purpose, a focus
* the civil thing to do
* social, intentioned
* identifies you as a role model
* creates a sense of well being
* keeps you physically active
* anchors you in the community
* brings satisfaction to others
* opens up dialogue with others
* gives of your experience
* provides camaraderie
* allows others to learn from others
* keeps you mentally active
* utilizes skills, talents
* good for all ages
* allows you to serve your community
* emotionally stimulating
To that end the City of Norwalk is always looking for volunteers, and it is a need for churches, schools, clubs, and it affects recreation, youth activities, participation, and builds on personal beliefs, values and time management.
Keep this in mind, now is a time that while we are all busy, while we are all trying to provide for house, job and success that a few hours a week, a month may be what the doctor ordered.
Contact your local group today; call us at 981-0228, read about us in Norwalk Living, the North Warren News, the Record Herald of Indianola and in our newsletter that comes with the water bills and the Norwalk Area Chamber of Commerce.
If you have any comments on this article, suggestions for future topics or questions in general reply to: Marketa Oliver
, City Manager.