irrigation meter application
- A meter setting will be constructed at the property owner's expense in accordance with the existing plumbing codes of the City of Norwalk. Your plumber must be bonded and licensed by the City of Norwalk and possess the proper plumbing permits for this project. The fees associated with an irrigation meter installation: $200.00 for a ¾" meter or $300.00 for a 1" meter and the application fee of $100.00 to cover the time of City employees and materials used.
- The purchase of the Sensus meter and MXU system is the responsibility of the property owner and shall be purchased from the City of Norwalk.
After the meter setting is complete, arrangements need to be made to have the MXU connected and the outside receptacle mounted by contacting the Norwalk Water Works Service Department at 981-0228, between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 4:30 P.M., Monday through Friday.
- The sequence of events is as follows:
- Taking out of required permit and paying the fees as shown above.
- Hiring of a bonded and licensed plumber to construct the meter setting and install the meter. The meter shall be connected so that water DOES NOT go through both meters (no deduct meters).
- Inspection of the meter setting by the City of Norwalk plumbing inspector or water personnel.
- Meters will be read each month and billed accordingly, there is a minimum fee of $5.00.
Sewer rate will not be charged on this meter only.