Delinquent Water Bills
The City of Norwalk, Iowa delinquent water billing procedure is as follows:
- Meters are read the first of each month.
- Bills are sent out on the 15th day of the month.
- Bills are due the fourth (4th) of the following month, or the following Monday if the 4th falls on a weekend.
- A ten percent (10%) penalty will be added to the water and sewer charges if not paid by the 4th of each month.
- For balances not paid by the 11th a disconnect notice will be sent out.
- Water will be shut off for non-payment on the 26th. You may appeal to City Hall before shut off.
- The reconnect fee of $50.00 and past due balance must be paid prior to turning water on.
- Water will be turned on during office hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m.
A $20.00 fee is charged for all checks not honored by the bank. If we receive two (2) returned checks within a 12 month period, the City will not accept checks for payment for the next 12 month period.